The article reviews the basic concepts of the formation of optical art. The key ideas of op-art development and the importance of the popularity of the style of optical art have been listed. The article demonstrates the significance of the influence of op-art on the formation of modern wood plastic with the use of optical techniques.
This study aims to broaden the modern view of abstract wood plasticity and deprive it of traditional canonization.
The psychophysical influence of optical illusions on the viewer has been considered. The influence of technological progress on the formation of optical techniques in visual practices has been determined, their specificity and transformation in different spheres of artistic process have been determined. The value of synthesis of op-art and kinetic art in creation of various visual effects in modern wooden plastic has been traced.
The analysis of recent publications, which emphasizes the interest of scientists in this direction, has been carried out. In particular, the peculiarities of application of methods of optical art in wood plastic on the example of creativity of the young generation of Lviv artists, graduates of the department of artistic wood of LNAA, have been determined. At the same time, the importance of further research of the poorly explored synthesis of optical art and wood plastics has been emphasized.
1. Andrushko, L. & Diadiukh-Bohatko, N. (2015). Optical illusion in graphic design (for example, posters “Coca-сola”) [Optychni iliuzii u hrafichnomu dyzaini (na prykladi posteriv «Coca-cola»)] Visnyk Zakarpatskoho khudozhnoho instytutu – Bulletin of Transcarpathian Institute of Arts, 7, 92–96. [In Ukrainian]
2. Arnheim, R. (1974). Iskusstvo i vizual`noe vospriyatie [Art and Visual Perception]. Moscow: Progress [In Russian].
3. Skrypnyk, H. (Eds.). (2016). Istoriia dekoratyvnoho mystetstva Ukrainy [History of Decorative Art of Ukraine]. V. 5. (Vols. 1–5). Kyiv. [In Ukrainian].
4. Kosiv, V. (2017). Op Art in Soviet Ukrainian Poster: Abstraction and National Identity [Op-art v ukrainskomu radianskomu plakati: abstraktsiia i natsionalna identychnist]. Visnyk Kharkivskoi derzhavnoi akademii dyzainu i mystetstv – Bulletin of Kharkiv State Academy of Design and Arts, 6, 46–53. [In Ukrainian]
5. Kuznetsova, I. & Arbuzova, K. (2011). Methods of using op-art [Pryiomy vykorystannia op-artu]. Visnyk Kharkivskoi derzhavnoi akademii dyzainu i mystetstv – Bulletin of Kharkiv State Academy of Design and Arts, 6, 92–94 [In Ukrainian].
6. Yatsiv, R. (2013). Ihor Stefiuk.. Ukrainske mystetstvo XX stolittia: idei, yavyshcha, personalii – Ukrainian art of the twentieth century: ideas, events, personalities. Lviv. [In Ukrainian].
7. Yatsiv, R. (1997). Ihor Stefiuk. Almanakh 95/96. Lvivska akademiia mystetstv – Almanac 95/96. Lviv Academy of Arts. Lviv: Braty Syrotynski. [In Ukrainian]
8. «DE:FORMA» Nazar Symotiuk, Andrii Savchuk Vys-tavka abstraktnoi derevianoi plastyky u halerei LNAM [“DE:FORMA” Nazar Symotiuk, Andrii Savchuk Exhibition of abstract wood plastic in the gallery of Lviv National Academy of Arts] Retrieved from: http://arthoda.com.ua/2018/04/02/арт-проект-деформа-нові-виміри-абстр/ [In Ukrainian]
9. Optychni iliuzii [Optical illusions] Retrieved from: http://illusions.org.ua/content/view/91/1 [In Ukrainian]
10. Chehusova, Z. (2015). Ukrainski providni myttsi khudozhnoi obrobky dereva (ostannia tretyna KhKh – pochatok KhKhI stolittia) [Ukrainian leading artists of woodworking (the last third of the XX - beginning of the XXI century)]. Studii mystetstvoznavchi – Art Studies, 2, 78–89. Retrieved from: http://sm.etnolog.org.ua/zmist/2015 /2/78.pdf [In Ukrainian]
11. MoMA. The Museum of Modern Art. Retrieved from: https://www.moma.org/calendar/ exhibitions /2914