The various components of design decisions used in the construction of the space in the New Acropolis Museum are considered. It is emphasized which factors influenced the construction of the New Acropolis Museum. The historical situation related to the construction of the first Acropolis Museum is traced. It is analyzed how the modern practice of building a museum of archaeological type adapts to historical buildings. Attention is paid to the inspection of the new architectural structure, the main purpose of which is to create the most comfortable situation for viewing monuments. The objective of this study is to show the idea of building a modern museum realizing the latest aesthetics and technological resources. The methodology of the article is based on historiography, systematics and analytics. Scientific novelty lies in the exact angle from which a comprehensive analysis of the museum space was carried out, the main exhibition areas and the features of each, depending on the subject, were analyzed. The specifics of creating an exposition of the new Acropolis Museum is considered, which is based on theoretical materials and practical study of the object. It focuses on how antique works that have come down to the present in a rather fragmented and damaged form must be demonstrated in order to really create a strong aesthetic impression. And this experience, as a result of research, can be useful for archaeological and historical museums of Ukraine. Given the specifics of the museum, where the main exhibits are sculptures, attention is paid to the peculiarities of their location and lighting. Based on the results of a comprehensive analysis, we can conclude that in the synthesis of design solutions for organizing the museums space, attention was focused on the breadth of principles and ideas involved in achieving the main goal of this museum: creating a dialogue between antiquity and contemporary. A variety of forms of educational programs held at the museum are presented. The factors used to realize the main goal in the New Acropolis Museum is to draw the modern audience into the process of perception of ancient works.
1. Archibishop Domianos of Sinai. The Icon as a Ladder of Divine Ascent in Form and Color (2004). Byzantium. Faith and Power: Digest of articles. New York, 335–341.
2. Acropolis museum. Media kit (2009). Athen.
3. Barteniev, Y., Batazhkova, V. (1983). Ocherky ystoryy arkhytekturnыkh stylei. Moskva: Yzobrazytelnoe yskustvo [in Russian].
4. Bonnar, A. (1992). Hrecheskaia tsyvylyzatsyia ot Ylyady do Parfenona. Moskva: Yskusstvo [in Russian].
5. Vypper, B. R. (1985). Arkhytektura. Vvedenye v ystorycheskoe yzuchenyia yskusstva. Moskva: Yzobrazytelnoe yskusstvo, 215–282. [in Russian].
6. Danylenko, V. (2003). Dyzain. Kharkiv: Vydavnytstvo KhDADM [in Ukrainian].
7. Kundera, M. (2012). Vstrecha. Sankt-Peterburh: Azbuka [in Russian].
8. Lorents, Ya., Skolnyk, L., Berher, K. (2008). Dyzain vыstavok: praktycheskoe rukovodstvo. Moskva: AST [in Russian].
9. Som-Serdiukova O. M. (2015). Skhodynky do bohyni Afiny, chy Novyi muzei Akropolia. Dorozhni znaky. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 26–34 [in Ukrainian].
10. Tobelem, Zh.-M. (2018). Nova epokha muzeiv. Kyiv: Muzeinyi prostir [in Ukrainian].
11.Iakovets I. O. (2016). Khudozhnii muzei KhKhI stolittia. Cherkasy: Vydavets Vovchok Olha [in Ukrainian]