The article explores the historiographical developments concerning the periodization of the history of Ukrainian culture of the 19th century. The first model is the periodization of cultural and national revival in 19th century Ukraine. Main periods: academic (the time of collecting cultural and historical heritage); organizational (the time of creation of national cultural and educational organizations); political (the time of creation of parties and other organizations that enable the nation to participate in political processes). The basic idea of this periodization is to show the processes of building of the nation and building of the country in the nineteenth century through the emergence and development of new phenomena in culture. The second model is the Pan-European cultural and historical periodization, which identifies such major periods of the nineteenth-century cultural history like Romanticism and Positivism.
1. Zashkilniak, L. Periodyzatsiia v istorii [Periodization in history]. Retrieved from: http://www.history.org.ua/?termin=Periodyzatsiia_istorii [in Ukrainian].
2. Arkusha, O. & Kondratiuk, K. Mudryi, M. Sukhyi, O.(2017). «Chas narodiv. Istoriia Ukrainy XIX st».[Peoples time. History of Ukraine of the XIXth Century]. Ukrainskyi istorychnyi zhurnal – Ukrainian Historical Journal, 2, 210-214. [in Ukrainian].
3. Magocsi, P. (1989). The Ukrainian Revival: A New Analytical Framework Canadian Review of Studies in Nationalism. Vol. 16 (1–2). Canada. Chrlettetown: Prince Edward Is.
4. Ovsiichuk, V. (2001). Klasytsyzm i romantyzm v ukrainskomu mystetstvi [Classicism and Romanticism in Ukrainian Art]. Kyiv: Dnipro. [in Ukrainian].
5. Skrynnyk, M. (2007). Naratyvni praktyky ukrainskoi identychnosti: doba Romantyzmu [Narrative Practices of Ukrainian Identity: The Age of Romanticism]. Lviv: Kameniar. [in Ukrainian].
6. DeMause, Lloyd (1995). The History of Childhood. Northvale, New Jersey : Jason Aronson.
7. Istoriia ukrainskoi kultury [History of Ukrainian Culture]. (2008). V. 4 (1). Skrypnyk, H. (Ed.). (Vols. 1-5). Kyiv : Nauk. dumka. [in Ukrainian].
8. Lysiak-Rudnytskyi, I. (1994). Struktura ukrainskoi istorii v XIX st. Istorychni ese [Structure of Ukrainian History in the Nineteenth Century Historical essays]. Vol. 1. F. Sysyn, Ya. Hrytsak (Eds.). (Vols 1-2). Kyiv: Osnovy [in Ukrainian].
9. Mahochyi, P-R. (1991). Ukrainske natsionalne vidrodzhennia. Nova analitychna struktura [Ukrainian national revival. New analytical structure]. Ukrainskyi istorychnyi zhurnal – Ukrainian Historical Journal, 3, 97-107. [in Ukrainian].