Topical issues of the development of environmental technologies and it’s application in contemporary art have been explored, with particular emphasis on sculptural practices and land-art objects. In fact, it has been found that the Ukrainian scientists have addressed rather indirectly to the problem of environmental trends in the context of contemporary art objects. It should be noted that the vast majority of research is limited to the generic characteristics of eco-design and does not focus on the artistic and stylistic features of this phenomenon in general and in art in particular. The historical aspect of the interconnections of scientific and technological progress, exacerbation of environmental issues and the evolution of artistic practices of twentieth century art is revealed. It was found out that these processes were consonant and synthesized. Representative contemporary art projects that can be attributed to environmental art were outlined, their characteristic artistic features were clarified and the main directions of eco-art were determined. The influence of the latest technologies on enhanced dynamics and the adoption of eco-style as a kind of counteraction to the processes of digitalization of modern culture as a whole are analyzed. In particular, it has been traced how environmental technologies are used today in three-dimensional art objects, and how well-known artists work with the most actual issues of the 21st century. Two main vectors of eco-sculpture have been identified: complex objects using technology and land-art projects, which are mainly focused on philosophical concepts and issues of human harmony with nature. However, it has been proved that these two areas are of equal value and extremely relevant in the dynamic artistic processes of today, and also have considerable potential and prospects for further development in view of the increasing aggravation of environmental problems in the modern world
1. Holubets O. (2012) Dyzain ta radianska ideolohiia [Design and Soviet ideology]: Essays on the history of Ukrainian design of the twentieth century Proceedings of MARI NAA Ukraine, no.28, pp. 35–40.
2. Danylenko V. (2012) Dyzain Ukrainy v yevropeiskomu vymiri ХХ stolittia [Design of Ukraine in the European dimension of the twentieth century] Essays on the history of Ukrainian design of the twentieth century Proceedings of MARI NAA Ukraine, no. 28, pp.6-34.
3. Zyriaeva O. (2018) Art-tekhnolohyy: kak yskusstvo podtalkyvaet prohress Forbes. 2018. Available at: https://www.forbes.ru/forbeslife/367163-art-tehnologii-kak-iskusstvo-pod....
4. Myhal S. (2015) Osnovy formotvorennia i proektuvannia obiektiv predmetnoho biodyzainu [Fundamentals of shaping and designing object-oriented biodesign] Bulletin of the National University "Lviv Polytechnic". No 816, pp. 229-239.
5. Nevliutov M. R. (2016) Ekolohycheskoe iskusstvo kak stratehyia transformatsyy horoda [Environmental art as a strategy for transforming a city] Art&Cult: scientific journal about art studios and humanities, no. 2, pp. 61–65.
6. Orlova O. (2013) Ekolohichnyi faktor formoutvorennia v dyzaini [Ecological factor of shaping in design] (PhD Thesis). Kharkiv. 19 p.
7. Top-6 eko-skulptoriv, natkhnenykh pryrodoiu [The top 6 eco-sculptors inspired by nature]. Available at: https://espreso.tv/article/2015/01/31/top _6_eko_skulptoriv__natkhnenykh_pryrodoyu
8. Ekolohycheskaia skulptura [Ecological sculpture] New Knowleges. Available at: http://ru.knowledgr.com/03336047