The article highlights important periods of life and work of folk artist from the village of Cherniatyn in Ivano-Frankivsk region Parasky Khoma, who for a long time remained one of the most prominent representatives of folk decorative painting – the followers of ancient Ukrainian tradition of creating original flower compositions on paper.
The purpose of this study is to disclose the artistic features of works, the exhibition activity, detailed analysis and rethinking of the compositional and colour decisions related to the specific conditions of life in the village, their influence on the formation of peculiar peasant, philosophical worldview, their own aesthetic criteria, moral principles, the level of abstraction and performing culture, which have not sufficiently been analysed in the scientific publications in the period of independent Ukraine.
Paraska Khoma created more than 5,000 original drawings, the majority of which were presented at 30 personal exhibitions in Ukraine and abroad. Until the last days of her life, the artist surprised people by new peculiar works and witty expressions that reveal the individuality of the creative personality, her imagination, the breadth of thought, which are decisive not only in characteristic of a particular artist, features of her psychology, but also reflect the artistic achievements of a particular region and are important for further development of the culture as a whole
1. Frankiv, V. (1993). Ne vianuchi kvity Parasky Khomy [Non-fading flowers of Paraska Khoma]. Vitchyzna – Homeland, 3–4, 114–117 [In Ukrainian].
2. Babii, V., Petriakova, F. (1970). Povidomlennia. Maliuvalnytsia z Prykarpattia Paraska Khoma [Messages. Drawing from the Carpathian region of Paraska Khoma]. Narodna tvorchist ta etnohrafiia – Folk creativity and ethnography, 1–2, 54–57 [In Ukrainian].
3. Lystopad, I. (2004). Z lankovoi – u khudozhnyky [From the link - the artists]. Va-Bank: Zakhidno-ukrainskyi tyzhnevyk – Va-Bank: Western Ukrainian Weekly, 12, 25–31 bereznia, 4. [In Ukrainian].
4. Voitsekhivska, M. (2003). Paraska Khoma – khudozhnytsia svitovoho rivnia [Paraska Khoma is a world-class artist.]. Anons-Kontrak – Announcement Contract, 31, 46 [In Ukrainian].
5. Ianovskyi, M. (1980). Peliustkova veselka. Sribna priazhka: Rozpovid pro narodnykh myttsiv [Petal rainbow. Silver Buckle: A Tale of Folk Artists]. Uzhhorod: Karpaty. [In Ukrainian].
6. Antoniuk, N. (2010). Tsvit paporoti Parasky Khomy [The color of Ferns of Paraska Khoma's]. Slovo Prosvity. Vseukrainskyi kulturolohichnyi tyzhnevyk – The word Enlightenment. All-Ukrainian Cultural Weekly, 27, 16. [In Ukrainian].
7. Kachkan ,V. (1990). „Kvity povsiakchas zimnoiu” . Silski visti –, 22 serpnia, 4. [In Ukrainian].
8. Ovsiichuk, V. (1968). Kvity Prydnistrovia [Transnistrian Flowers]. Literaturna Ukraina – Literary Ukraine, 97, 5 hrudnia, 4. [In Ukrainian].
9. Kachkan, V. (1978). Dzherela ii talantu [Sources of her talent]. Zhovten – October, 10, 143–147 [In Ukrainian].
10. Hlynchak,V. (1976). Kvity z Cherniatyna [Flowers from Chernyatin]. Zhovten – October, 6, 151–153. [In Ukrainian].
11. Lysenko, L. (1983). Kvity skhid-sontsia [Flowers of the sunrise]. Kyiv, 3, 156–161. [In Ukrainian].
12. Kachkan, V. (Ed.) (1983). Paraska Khoma: Albom [Paraska Khoma: Album]. Kyiv: Mystetstvo. [In Ukrainian].
13. Hurska, V., Hudyma, V. (1983). Vkladaiu kvity, yak sadivnyk [I invest flowers as a gardener]. Sotsialistychna kultura – Socialist culture, 10, 21. [In Ukrainian].
14. Hnatiuk, M. (2007). Nevianuchi kvity Prydnistrovia [Innocent flowers of Transnistria]. Mystetstvo v suchasnii shkoli : problemy, poshuky : Materialy nauk.-metod. konferentsii “Aktualni problemy mystetskoi osvity: istoriia i suchasnist” – Art in the modern school: problems, searches: Materials of scientific-method. of the Conference Thesis. Ivano-Frankivsk, 21–29. [In Ukrainian].
15. Henyk, S. (2003). Paraska Khoma / 150 vydatnykh ukrainok [150 prominent Ukrainian women]. Ivano-Frankivsk: Lileia-NV. [In Ukrainian].
16. Khoma, Ya. (2005). Paraska Khoma: Albom [Paraska Khoma: Album]. Ivano-Frankivsk: Nova Zoria. [In Ukrainian].
17. Tuhai, L. (2011). Paraska Khoma “povernulasia” do Lvova. Halychyna [Paraska Khoma "returned" to Lviv. Galicia], 2 lypnia. 95, 8. [In Ukrainian].
18. Halytskyi korespondent. (2013), 9 (28 liutoho), 19. [In Ukrainian].
19. Paraska Khoma. (2018). Iz fondozbirky Muzeiu mystetstv Prykarpattia / albom. Ivano-Frankivsk: Lileia-NV. 2018. 80 s., il. [In Ukrainian]